This Advent and Christmas I’m watching 31 Christmas Films. You can catch up on why I’m doing this here.
Here are my rules:
- Only feature length films. No animated TV classics that run 30 or 50 minutes.
- No horror flicks. I’m looking at you “Silent Night, Deadly Night.”
- I won’t watch more than 6 films that I have already seen before in their entirety. (Marked with *)
- My wife, Melissa, gets to pick the January 5th movie since it’s her birthday.
- I’ve chosen 20 films, and the rest will come from you! Vote online now!
- They have to be about Christmas and not just happen on Christmas Eve or Day. No “Gremlins” for me!
Here are my 20!
- A Christmas Story*
- It’s a Wonderful Life*
- The Polar Express
- The Nativity Story
- The Bishop’s Wife*
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
- White Reindeer (2013 New Release)
- The Christmas Candle (2013 New Release)
- Black Nativity (2013 New Release)
- White Christmas
- The Santa Clause
- A Christmas Carol (2009)
- Scrooge (1951)
- Un Conte de Noël (A Christmas Tale)
- Holiday Inn
- We’re No Angels
- Joyeux Noël
- Arthur Christmas
- The Shop Around the Corner
(Those with a * I’ve already seen.)
Please vote for the other films!